kribs in a 40g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
How many can i put in i have an albino male and a female i wanted to get another male and a few females any advice

1 pair, kribs like room and get up to 4 inches long. You can get 2 pairs and let them decide to pair up with whomever they like, but you will need to remove the other pair afterwards or they will attack each other.

See the pair i have won't pair up so will i be good to add another female and just keep a trio

How old are they? Kribs are not picky and will pair up. Unless they are still to young. Has any of them dug out a cave yet?

I just lost my one female and took the odd female out of my other tank. They paired up pretty fast and are digging out nests like crazy!

Ive had them for a little more than a year....all the male does is chase her which i know is normal but the female acts like she is trying to pair with my dwarf gourami its so weird

Are they doing the ushape to eachother? Shaking really fast? Anything like that? Does the female have a big deep purple/red belly on her?

My female is always dark black with a bright purple stomach but she stays away from the male krib but does do the u shape and shake to the male gourami....i think shes confused lol

There are two different types of shaking and U shape. At least from what I have seen. The pair in the 110 actually have something that could eat their babies... They do the u shape to the angels and to the upside-down cat. Anything that has a chance to fight. It's almost like they are just trying to make themselves looks bigger. They also angle themselves towards the fish. The courting u shape I have seen is a little bit different. Jmo trying getting a new female. That way the one male has two females to choose from. But you will have to rehome the third wheel once they pair up. IMO a 110 doesn't offer the space for her to get away...

Back
Top Bottom