Kribs pair in lfs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it was really neat to see their colors and all. Awesome fish. This is officially an excuse to get a 20L. I already have a spot and everything lol. Too bad petcos dollar per gallon sale didn't cover 20 gallon tanks. Maybe that's another excuse to get a 29 gallon...

I just got a 20L at the 1 per gallon sale last night.

They are pretty adaptable I keep mine in hard water with a neutral ph and they breed all the time. Just keep it stable and they will be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably keep them with a gh of 8 or so, pH of 7. Sound good? I can't wait to get this tank set up!! I'm getting 2 new 10s at the aca convention but they might have to wait for this one to get set up lol.

Hey I just though about something. Instead of tetras or some sort I live bearer with the kribs, could I have some fundulopanchax gardneri? I mean they both come from west Africa. The Killies are a little aggressive but they are very small and reside at the upper half of the tank for the most part. Plus if a killie tried to get close to the kribs' fry I think they would set the killifish straight. I would have a male and 2 female Killies.

You could add some standard guppies as dithers. Most Europeans us killis as dithers so I don't know much about them.

Yeah I was going to set up a 10 gallon just for the Killies, but then I realized that if I could put the Killies and kribs together, than I could use the extra 10 as a shrimp tank.

Back
Top Bottom