Kribs,Pygmy Cories, and ADFs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well they all get along in a 10 gallon? My LFS albino male Kribs that's been there for 7 months now and he is so cute and loves to follow my finger but only tank I have is my 10 gallon seeing I sold my Bettas.

5 gallon planted(6 Pygmy Cories and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon ( 12 Pygmy Cories and 1 female betta)

Okay guess I will have to get a 20L than :)

While I don't agree that common Kribs need a 50 gallon aquarium, I do agree that even a 20L is too small for kribs ;).

I've bred commons in a 20L all by them selves
And even a smaller pair in a 10
Keep in mind that these fish were all by themselves in the tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bred commons in a 20L all by them selves
And even a smaller pair in a 10
Keep in mind that these fish were all by themselves in the tanks

Ah my friend, but just because you have done it, doesn't mean it was the best situation for the fish, nor that it should be done. Nor does it mean that you should be recommending that anyone else do it eh?! :angel:

Lol
Andy breeds Angels in a 10,
As long as you keep up with the water changes a SMALL pair 2 inches by themselves will be fine. With other fish no.
Also fished behavior tells you a lot about the setup, and if it'll work

Edit: I never suggested that he should do them in a 10, all I was doing is telling him what I've done and that it works

Lol
Andy breeds Angels in a 10,
As long as you keep up with the water changes a SMALL pair 2 inches by themselves will be fine. With other fish no.
Also fished behavior tells you a lot about the setup, and if it'll work

Edit: I never suggested that he should do them in a 10, all I was doing is telling him what I've done and that it works

Maybe you missed the title and the point of the thread? It reads Kribs, Pygmy Cories and ADFs, and the question was will they all coexist in a 10 gallon? Then discussion turned to having them all in a 20 gallon. At no point and time did the OP ask what others had done with kribs alone and what worked and what didn't. The OP is trying to establish what they need for space to have the requested fish - perhaps it would be good if we keep the thread on topic instead of throwing out comments on what we have done and what we think works - just a thought.

Maybe you missed the title and the point of the thread? It reads Kribs, Pygmy Cories and ADFs, and the question was will they all coexist in a 10 gallon? Then discussion turned to having them all in a 20 gallon. At no point and time did the OP ask what others had done with kribs alone and what worked and what didn't. The OP is trying to establish what they need for space to have the requested fish - perhaps it would be good if we keep the thread on topic instead of throwing out comments on what we have done and what we think works - just a thought.

Look, I told him that I had done it in a 10 and 20L with no problems.
For starters ADF's won't work with kribs no matter the tank size. They will be out competed for food. And most likely will be nipped on. Same with Pygmy's they are small 1 1/2 inch nano fish. And could possibly be eaten by a 4 inch krib

Look, I told him that I had done it in a 10 and 20L with no problems.
For starters ADF's won't work with kribs no matter the tank size. They will be out competed for food. And most likely will be nipped on. Same with Pygmy's they are small 1 1/2 inch nano fish. And could possibly be eaten by a 4 inch krib

No, you told him what you had done with kribs along in a 10 and 20 gallon which wasn't the point of the thread. Now you are finally starting to answer the actual question and help the OP out. It isn't about what you have or haven't done if you're going to offer advice, its about answering the question that was asked.

No, you told him what you had done with kribs along in a 10 and 20 gallon which wasn't the point of the thread. Now you are finally starting to answer the actual question and help the OP out. It isn't about what you have or haven't done if you're going to offer advice, its about answering the question that was asked.

Bottom line is the fish won't work in a 10 a 20 or a 55. Also only do 1 pair in 20L if that's the tank size you go with

You don't have to make a huge deal out of this. 50% of the threads on this website get off topic. The asker still gets many helpful answers from other people, and it's not your problem if someone doesn't answer the question asked.

You don't have to make a huge deal out of this. 50% of the threads on this website get off topic. The asker still gets many helpful answers from other people, and it's not your problem if someone doesn't answer the question asked.

Yeah really. Try to stay on topic but if it's an offshoot that relates to the topic then share it! No harm done.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah really. Try to stay on topic but if it's an offshoot that relates to the topic then share it! No harm done.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Point taken, however I believe that if you review the rules that you all agreed to upon joining the forum, you find that one of them is keeping the thread on topic. Nothing says that one has to be satisfied with trivial answers unrelated to the topic, when one can perhaps guide someone else into doing the correct thing. Perhaps if more people offered guidance in a constructive manner 50% of the threads on the forum wouldn't be off-topic and people would actually get their questions answered.

Point taken, however I believe that if you review the rules that you all agreed to upon joining the forum, you find that one of them is keeping the thread on topic. Nothing says that one has to be satisfied with trivial answers unrelated to the topic, when one can perhaps guide someone else into doing the correct thing. Perhaps if more people offered guidance in a constructive manner 50% of the threads on the forum wouldn't be off-topic and people would actually get their questions answered.

lets take a step back. while I agree that my information did not directly answer the OP's question, it's a direct branch off of the question, and could be helpful for the OP. I enjoy a threads where there is some branching. for example "wigglers at last" was an amazing thread. had everything to do with angles on it. even though it was off topic from the OP it was still VERY VERY useful. Why they closed it I have no idea...

lets take a step back. while I agree that my information did not directly answer the OP's question, it's a direct branch off of the question, and could be helpful for the OP. I enjoy a threads where there is some branching. for example "wigglers at last" was an amazing thread. had everything to do with angles on it. even though it was off topic from the OP it was still VERY VERY useful. Why they closed it I have no idea...

:hide: Nuff said. I would hate to see this one closed as well because it has gotten off topic.

I had a pair of Kribs in a 20L with Pygmy Cories and ADFs before with no problems even with fry and my ADFs are target fed by net they know the net means food. But I guess it's a no from all you thank you for your input. I am not doing a pair just one that btw is full grown is 3 1/2 inches long and is in a 20 gallon with shrimp and guppies and has not shown any aggression towards any of his tank mates. The reason they can't sell him is because he is albino and everyone wants the regular ones.

Back
Top Bottom