Kudos to my Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Know a lot of people don't like the idea of a common pleco because thy are poop machines. But I have to give my guy kudos!

He was living in my 20g and was decorating the tank with long strings of poop, it resulted in daily gravel vacs...kind of tying on my patience.(keep in mind he is only 3 inches) but man his poops were twice his length.

Well I was having a green fuzzy spot looking type of algae growing only glass in my 75g so I decided to move him over there(as it was his intended home) after 24 hours he finally earned his keep, he cleaned it up quickly and now keeps it away! I am just in love with him and I think he is beautiful!

Niki said:
I Know a lot of people don't like the idea of a common pleco because thy are poop machines. But I have to give my guy kudos!

He was living in my 20g and was decorating the tank with long strings of poop, it resulted in daily gravel vacs...kind of tying on my patience.(keep in mind he is only 3 inches) but man his poops were twice his length.

Well I was having a green fuzzy spot looking type of algae growing only glass in my 75g so I decided to move him over there(as it was his intended home) after 24 hours he finally earned his keep, he cleaned it up quickly and now keeps it away! I am just in love with him and I think he is beautiful!

Cool they are good just for that! Me and my brother have 3 combined that is.

My bn pleco does a good job with algae, but I know what you mean about their poop! But I still think she's beautiful. (my pleco, that is, not it's poop...)

Bettababe1011 said:
My bn pleco does a good job with algae, but I know what you mean about their poop! But I still think she's beautiful. (my pleco, that is, not it's poop...)

I want a bristle-nose pleco my common one is getting to big looki g for bristle nose one

Lol I have to agree, they are beautiful!

I just don't understand the poop though...

Niki said:
What size tank do you have?

29G brother had him in 20G but got 500$ paycheck so getting 100G off of Craigslist . About 6 inches right now

I definitley agree that they are beautiful. I especially think they are lovely when they reach full size. The spotted pattern is so great. :)

Fishie said:
29G brother had him in 20G but got 500$ paycheck so getting 100G off of Craigslist . About 6 inches right now

Oh nice, gotta love craigslist!

absolutangel04 said:
I definitley agree that they are beautiful. I especially think they are lovely when they reach full size. The spotted pattern is so great. :)

Yeah it's just a shame they get so big

Niki said:
Oh nice, gotta love craigslist!
Yup! Tomorrow I'm getting 55G off of Craigslist with everything to get it running for 100$ stoked!

Can't wait to see pics! I get so jealous when people set up new tanks, that's the fun part!

I got MTS way to quickly! And I'm always looking to add something or looking at other peoples tanks in envey lol

Good luck and great deal!

My good 6inch common he likes his algae tablets his treat! Post 400!! Yay me! He next to 2 inch baby!

Attachments

• image-680095829.jpg
    image-680095829.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 79
Very nice! I really like Plecos. I had to give mine to a friend who has a 125g a little while ago. :)

Awe, it's so sad that you had to give him up. I know when he gets to large for my tank it going to be tough.

But it's for the better of the fish!

Back
Top Bottom