Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
kuhli feeding

Hi, just wondering what you guys feed them? Want to make sure mine are getting a staple diet. Thanks
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
_skyla_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western australia
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Hi, just wondering what you guys feed them? Want to make sure mine are getting a staple diet. Thanks
Mine eat algae wafers with the plecs and pretty much any if the other food I feed the fish that makes it to the bottom. Micro pellets, spirulina flakes, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. And I have another type of frozen food called fish dinner it has a bit of a mixture in it and spinach and peas as well. They eat it all.
__________________

__________________
_skyla_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by _skyla_ View Post

Mine eat algae wafers with the plecs and pretty much any if the other food I feed the fish that makes it to the bottom. Micro pellets, spirulina flakes, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. And I have another type of frozen food called fish dinner it has a bit of a mixture in it and spinach and peas as well. They eat it all.
Thanks. I,ve been feeding, frozen brine, bloodworm, mosquito larvae, shrimp pellet, algae wafers & they love cucumber. Does yours grab food from the surface?
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
_skyla_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western australia
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

Thanks. I,ve been feeding, frozen brine, bloodworm, mosquito larvae, shrimp pellet, algae wafers & they love cucumber. Does yours grab food from the surface?
Well seems like their getting a good mixture already no I've never seen mine do that only from the bottom.
__________________
_skyla_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by _skyla_ View Post

Well seems like their getting a good mixture already no I've never seen mine do that only from the bottom.
They must just be strange like the rest off my tank lol
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
_skyla_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western australia
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

They must just be strange like the rest off my tank lol
Or mine are just lazy and know it'll float down to them in time haha
__________________
_skyla_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by _skyla_ View Post

Or mine are just lazy and know it'll float down to them in time haha
Maybe! Lol
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Decided too try some banana in my tank, my kuhlis & elephant nose loved it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121223_203247.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	139289
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Tetra1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Decided too try some banana in my tank, my kuhlis & elephant nose loved it!
Banana, interesting. My kuhlis eat anything.
__________________
Tetra1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
StuMcc99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Decided too try some banana in my tank, my kuhlis & elephant nose loved it!
Just wondering from you pic it looks like you have small gravel in your tank, I was told that the elephant nose's need to have sand in the tank, I was thinking about getting one but have gravel like yours. Is it doing ok in your tank?
__________________
StuMcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcc99 View Post

Just wondering from you pic it looks like you have small gravel in your tank, I was told that the elephant nose's need to have sand in the tank, I was thinking about getting one but have gravel like yours. Is it doing ok in your tank?
Mines doing fine had him for 10mths, my gravels round no sharp pieces. I was thinking of changing to sand but he's doing great so I'm not going to change it
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
StuMcc99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

Mines doing fine had him for 10mths, my gravels round no sharp pieces. I was thinking of changing to sand but he's doing great so I'm not going to change it
That's what mine looks like

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3211729847.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	141238

Would you say that would be ok?
Plus is there anything that doesn't go well with them?
I have a pleco, frog, loches, mollies, guppy's, catfish, platy and Dwarf gourami's
__________________
StuMcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcc99 View Post

That's what mine looks like

Would you say that would be ok?
Plus is there anything that doesn't go well with them?
I have a pleco, frog, loches, mollies, guppy's, catfish, platy and Dwarf gourami's
The main thing I would look for when adding an elephant nose would be how many bottom dweller,s you have, as most can't fight for food. What kind of loachs? & catfish do you have. Mines in a 55 gallon with kuhlis who he doesn't bother.
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
StuMcc99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

The main thing I would look for when adding an elephant nose would be how many bottom dweller,s you have, as most can't fight for food. What kind of loachs? & catfish do you have. Mines in a 55 gallon with kuhlis who he doesn't bother.
I have albino corydoras (they are catfish aint they? lol) and kuhil loach's
__________________
StuMcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
shellyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcc99 View Post

I have albino corydoras (they are catfish aint they? lol) and kuhil loach's
That's the same as mine lol he should be fine, make sure he has a cave to hide in. And if you do get one, feed him live bloodworm,s when the lights are off that's what I did with mine, if you need anymore info just let me know. They're great fish to have
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and friends!
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
feeding, kuhli

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×