Kullii loach and Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogart

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are kullii loaches and Cory cats compatible ? I have 5 Cory's and had 4 kullii's. I known for sure I've lost at least one kullii, but suspect it's more. I've only been able to find one live kullii in the last couple of days. Don't observe any fighting among any of the fish. Wondered if the Cory's and kullii were fighting for the same left overs.

I've never heard of a Cory being aggressive so I'm not to sure about that. But I've never kept both of them.

I've kept both together without any issues, so I can't see them being a problem. Are they maybe hiding? My kuhli loach use to hide in the most unusual place's!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have2 bog schools of each and they are fine.

Have you stripped the tank to see if you can find them? Check the filter? Found a kuhli in my canister filter the other day...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I found one dead Kullii dead, only have seen one other one alive. I have a 50 gal community tank of small fish, none big enough to eat any of the others. Water parameters right on, no other dead or sick fish. I'm wondering if enough food is falling to the bottom for both the Cory and Kullii. Possible?

Maybe buy sinking pellets and see if that helps? Mine loved shrimp pellets, frozen bloodworm and brine shrimp as well as flake.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kinda substrate do you have? Because if you have sand they probably burrowed in their and if you didn't know they are nocturnal and don't come out during the day so try feeding them some sinking pellets when the lights are off.

Back
Top Bottom