L-239 (blue panaque) pleco questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi so I'm looking for someone who has kept these before and who can answer some questions for me...I just purchased one a week ago today and I'm wondering what your guy's experiences have been with them...mine site in one corner of the tank under this peice of driftwood that doesn't hide it at all and there are plenty of other good darker hiding spots in the tank but it is always sitting in this same spot I have seen it in other places it is just that I don't think it has really explored the tank for a better hiding spot...and what is the best food to feed them what commercial sinking pleco foods have you had the best luck with? Thanks in advance

I've never kept them but my theory is that he stays in that one area because he has determined it to be a good hiding area. Plecos are nocturnal and territorial so they will rarely come out unless there is a good reason.

Yes I have researched it it is an omnivore I was just looking for some first hand experience on what to feed it I have noticed that the algae has been disappearing so I guess it is eating some...and here is a pictureImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395618460.978432.jpg
In this picture he is more in the corner but to the left there is a piece of driftwood that it tries to hide under it

I can offer advice based on my experience with my bn.'s and l-134, l-134 will prob be a better comparison, hides from the light mostly, out all night, it will come out during feeding time for frozen blood worms, I add krill and shrimp pellets and frozen zuchinin slices (not all at once) once a week after lights out for them to forage..

Well I was just a little worried because he is in such an obvious open hiding place but I must be overreacting I was just expecting it to find a dark crevice where it would hide and I wouldn't see it very often but I guess not lolol

Lucky you.. Mine has been ghost status +++ since intro.. At this point it's a welcome surprise seeing a brief glimpse of my. $70 friend in the morning for 12.5 seconds;)

Lololol yeah that was how it was for my l-200 pleco for the first few days now I can sit on the couch and stay very still and he will come out and clean the glass and plants and everything but as soon as I move he will dart back to his hiding place

Lololol yeah that was how it was for my l-200 pleco for the first few days now I can sit on the couch and stay very still and he will come out and clean the glass and plants and everything but as soon as I move he will dart back to his hiding place
dart... Haha it's like he vaporizes.. Just a trail of crap in his wake..

my bn is the same way. All I get to see are the whiskers peaking out from the rock pile/cave. Oh Theodore!

Lololol so true...but I at least am able to admire him from my couch even though it is still a little hard to see his beautiful colors from that far

Back
Top Bottom