Lace catfish in 29 gallon? (synodontis nigrita)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I really, like really liked the lace catfish, is it possible to keep one in a 29 gallon, the other bottom fish there will be one German blue ram and one Bolivian ram, I really like this fish, and I will get suggestions for how to keep it there, the smallest fish in there will be neon tetras
Thank you:)

Lace catfish get really big so having 1 in a 29 would be really pushing it n besides they like to b in groups. I would say u need to have at least one friend for it to be anything close to happy n 2 in a 29 is just too much:( there are smaller species of syndonis such as petricola that I could do 3 of in a 29

That's even nicer than the other one!
Do you know if petsmart or pets barn or Walmart carry them, or any place that carries them?

They aren't hard to find but also not as common as the lace. Pet smart or petco might b a maybe.... Is there a lfs near u that u could order them from? If not I believe most of the online sights such as live aquaria carry them. Sorry I'm not more help

That's ok, you already helped me out a lot by telling me about these fish!
100000000000 thanks:) my "local" fish store is like 20 miles away, so I'll ask, I will also ask petsmart if they carry any
Thank you for your help:) :thank you:

Awesome, do you think four would be ok, or just keep it at three, also do they like dwarf grass all around the floor with plants?

That's even nicer than the other one!
Do you know if petsmart or pets barn or Walmart carry them, or any place that carries them?

How many 29s do you have? I thought you just did the stocking of one..? And lace catfish are frequently available at walmarts by me. I wouldn't recommend one in that size tank really by itself..also if it's the journal tank you're doing then for sure not. What are the tank mates?

You could, however, do about 4 syndontis upside down cats in a 29..depending on the tank mates. Otherwise I would always go with cories for a community.

No, this is my stock
1 German blue ram
1 Bolivian ram
4 synodontis pentricola
1 dwarf gourami
8 neon tetras
5 red eye tetras
2 belly ballon mollies

No, this is my stock
1 German blue ram
1 Bolivian ram
4 synodontis pentricola
1 dwarf gourami
8 neon tetras
5 red eye tetras
2 belly ballon mollies

Oh..well personally I would get some cories to be a good clean up crew on the bottom for a community tank instead of syndontis. But that is just me. :) that stocking should be fine. You'll have alot going on..

I was going to get peppered and julii cories, but when I say the synodontis, I just like fell in love with them:)

Back
Top Bottom