Lack of C02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can you have a Lack of C02 if you have pressurize c02 with pH sensor. The tank is setup to have between 6.6ph and 6.8ph for 24h. Normal water is at 7.2 ph. Do that mean i have co2 in my thank always? Even if my kh is at 7, Which indicate i have very high c02?

Patrice said:
Can you have a Lack of C02 if you have pressurize c02 with pH sensor. The tank is setup to have between 6.6ph and 6.8ph for 24h. Normal water is at 7.2 ph. Do that mean i have co2 in my thank always? Even if my kh is at 7, Which indicate i have very high c02?

Hello patrice-
It sounds like you always have co2 running in your tank, because your water's normal ph is 7.2, which should be causing your pH controller (if calibrated correctly) to lower it by dosing co2. Do you know what the kh of your water is normally?

Hello patrice-
It sounds like you always have co2 running in your tank, because your water's normal ph is 7.2, which should be causing your pH controller (if calibrated correctly) to lower it by dosing co2. Do you know what the kh of your water is normally?

Like i said, 6 to 7 of kh is around 60 to 70 ppm.

Patrice said:
Like i said, 6 to 7 of kh is around 60 to 70 ppm.

You can't be sure how much it is until you know what your normal kh is...

Back
Top Bottom