Large Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i went to my lfs about 2 hrs ago and i am a usual visitor and in the back they have a separate tank system, so i went back there and customers had brought in a few large fish lately

4 Parrot Fish- all at least 9" in length so just imagine in size

1 Irredescent Shark- 14"

1 Garr- 16"

the shark was in a lady's 29 gallon and she finally thought it was too big so she brought it in...they are having extreme trouble finding people with large enough tanks to find them...they are all in extremely good care and good health...give me a PM if you are interested in these fish and live close to Syracuse...they do not ship and i will give you their number and name and address

i just feel bad for these fish so i will try to help them on here :D

I'd take the parrots if it was closer. But yeah, they may have a tough time getting rid of them. Do they advertise the sale of large fish? Some people seek out larger ones for their tanks that already have large fish.

yeah, they have a sign that says large fish in back...and they only want people interested to buy them because the fact they are so big they want to make sure people have a tank large enough for them

the guy told me he wont let people with a tank less than 80 for any of the fish :D

They had some enormous gar's at the mall of america aquarium.....judging by the size of the ones I saw yesterday I would say 300 gal would be the min considering how huge they can get.

There are people very interested in gar at aquaticpredators.net and monsterfishkeepers.com

this one is the Florida Garr, and they sold two of the Red Parrot Fish to a guy with a 400 gallon aquarium (well thats what he said) so i hope that is true because i am totally happy with those fishies :D

Back
Top Bottom