Large ghost shrimp and tiny dwarf corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jill

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some TINY little corydoras hasbrosus (and they are precious...I'm in love). They are so little that most of my ghost shrimp are a LOT bigger than them. I bought shrimp pellets for the cories, but my huge and mean ghost shrimp won't let them eat! I swear it looks like they're attacking my precious little babies to take food from them! I've heard that hasbrosus in particular are VERY delicate fish. What should I do? Should I move my ghost shrimp? My only other tank doesn't have a lid. :ermm:

Habrosus are my fav cories...SO adorable. You're right, ghost shrimp aren't good tankmates for them. Move 'em on out. ;)

Would the cories do okay with RCS? I'm getting some RCS soon (or maybe I'm not if this will be an issue again....lol.) :)

While I haven't tried the combo myself, I think it should work, as long as you keep the RCS population to a reasonable size. Unlike the ghost, the RCS won't get larger than the cories, and they don't feed as aggressively. They will still probably be quicker getting to the food though they won't eat as much, so you'll still want to pay close attention and make sure the cories are getting enough to eat. I wouldn't expect problems keeping the two together.

I'm going to try feeding them one more time, and just observe what goes down. Maybe my cories just haven't been very hungry yet. I'd love to keep the ghost shrimp in there.....

I think the cories are asserting themselves more now. I've been observing them after lights out when I feed them. The ghosts all go and hide then (funny...I thought ghosts came out at night...hehe). The tiny little cories dig right in with my SAE! YAY!! :D

Back
Top Bottom