large plecos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries :) we've all seen different info about all sorts of fish all over the place. That's what's good about sites like this, so we can all learn from people who have actually had experience of these fish. As Oscar said, they are slow growing as far as plecs are concerned though, and the male bristles don't always show until they are around the 2 - 2.5 inch mark. My boy is still fairly young at about 4 yrs old.

Rhinos top out around the 12 inch mark and are very stocky. They look nicer than commons IMO, since they have more pronounced fins and can have a jet-black exterior. They aren't as aggressive as gibbiceps either.

I wouldn't advise it for your tank but my Lfs has several huge sternella plecos.

Another plec that stays fairly small is the rubbernose/rubberlip/bulldog plec. ( The name depends on where you get them from) Like the bristlenose it can grow as big as 6 inches, but not usually more as far as I know.

Another plec that stays fairly small is the rubbernose/rubberlip/bulldog plec. ( The name depends on where you get them from) Like the bristlenose it can grow as big as 6 inches, but not usually more as far as I know.

Size in aquariums is closer to 4-4.5 inches than 6. My black striped rubberlip is only 3.5 inches but has already bred. There are different species with the common names rubber lip, bulldog, and rubber nose. Here are the 3 that I have.

Attachments

• image-1161506402.jpg
    image-1161506402.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image-1262647798.jpg
    image-1262647798.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image-47669120.jpg
    image-47669120.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 36
Rhinos top out around the 12 inch mark and are very stocky. They look nicer than commons IMO, since they have more pronounced fins and can have a jet-black exterior. They aren't as aggressive as gibbiceps either.

Cool good to know I like them might get one when I get a big tank.

Back
Top Bottom