Largest and Smallest Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are the largest and smallest fish you have ever kept, i think this could be an interesting thread. Include pics if you can, along with the size. Doesn't matter what type of fish.

My largest fish ATM is a 7.5"(or so) shubunkin names Baluga

In second is my Dojo loach, Joe, at 5"

My smallest are my male feeder guppies at about 0.7" full grown

in second is my dwarf puffer at just a little over an inch

I use to have some comet goldfish in my pond that were about 15" or so. Smallest for me would be guppies also.

Largest fish = 7 inch (tip to tip) angel and 8 inch common pleco

Smallest fish = 1/2 inch Dwarf Puffers

Smallest are Borara/Rasbora maculata at about an inch, or the male Heterandria formosa, about the same size. Largest is Fred the liposarcus pardalis ("common" pleco), at nearly 14" now!

Smallest: Dwarf puffer at 1/2 inch. He was teeny tiny.

Largest: Common Plec at 16 inches, followed by Veil Tail Angel at about 7 inches tip to end of tail.

smallest would have been the neon tetras, with the dwarf platys coming in second (that is if you don't count the fry...)

Largest would be 6" dojo, followed up by a 5" firemouth, and a 4" clown loach (all still growing...)

Largest was a male silver common goldfish at 9" before he died of TB. Smallest, not including fry, would be feeder guppies.

one of my friends has a pleco that's about 17" to 18". every time he reaches in to re-bury his plants, the pleco thrashes around and uproots them all again. lol

Smallest adult fish I have ever kept was probably a neon tetra. Largest, that's a tough one. I had a moray in a brackish tank that was over 2 feet long, but long and skinny.

My frontosia I have right now in my rift valley tank is the beefiest, most substantial fish I have ever had. I guess he's close to 5 inches now. He was a little thing when I bought him.

Of course, the green terror in my pond may have even surpassed him. I have been shocked at how fast that guy has grown. I heard pond-raised fish grew faster and had more vibrant colors than tank-raised, but it's something you have to see to really appreciate.

My BGK is also in the running for my longest/largest at a good 7 inches and growing fast. I expect him to be a foot long by the end of 2007

Largest is my rhino pleco - 13". My Oscar was probably close to the same size, but I never got a good measurement.
Smallest would be an Oto, but it's been a looong time since I had one.

My largest is my paroon shark (I was mislead by lfs shopkeeper) "He" is about 6-6 1/2 inches. Picture is my avvie. Smallest... feeder guppies :)

My largest is the Pleco I picked up tonite he is around 8-10 inches , smallest is a 1.5 inch GBR .

Largest would be my Saratoga Jardini... @ 16 inches
2nd would be my pleco @15 inches

smallest at the moment is my little black widow tatras....

Back
Top Bottom