Laser pointers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Strangely enough I discovered quite by accident while playing with the cats with a laser pointer, that if you focus the red light on the sand or gravel in a fish tank, the fish will chase it! My juvy cichlids go crazy trying to catch it! Obviously you still must be careful to not blind them. But the bonus is the reflection from the glass while playing with the fish, shows up on the carpet and the cats and fish play at the same time! I almost LMAO watching the fish chasing this laser pointer back and forth across the big tank. Fish aerobics.

LMAO! New thing to toment the cats with when I get home!

It's very funny to watch them try to eat it. :D Just make sure it doesn't point on another fish. They will dart after it. :D

Fishyfanatic said:
It's very funny to watch them try to eat it. :D Just make sure it doesn't point on another fish. They will dart after it. :D

I found that out very quickly, now I just run it along the sand or gravel, depending on which tank I am playing with.

I suppose this is just another symptom of MTS, playing with your fish. :lol:

Yeah actually I've seen on the laser pointers at petsmart say they can entertain dogs, cats, and fish lol

TomK2 said:
I await the video on the funny animal video shows! :D

LOL that's a good idea.

I've seen the laser pointers at the pet store too, for about $10.00, but they sell the same things at the local dollar store for $2.00.

I have noticed the laser pointer thing with fish as well. I had a laser pointer and just shined it in the tank, all the fish are attracted right to it.

I shot mine through my tank by accident and it scared the hell out of my goldfish... she tried to jump out of the tank!

have to try it in a river or stream and see if the fish are attracted to it there...

Moose

After reading this post I bought a laser pointer on ebay last night. :oops: $2.50.....figured it was worth the small price tag.

In petco they sell some type of laser lighting; it's been awile since i've seen it, but it was some kind of light house I think iwth a rotating laser that you put in your tank... it was supposed to make the fish healthier and 'more colorful' or othersuch nonsense claims.

I laughed at the time, but maybe it would be fun for some fish....

(^^^ oop didnt see your post :p ^^^)

Very cool! I need to go buy one now.

Reminds me, at Petco I saw a "Laser Light Show", that acctually goes into your tank and you have two little "gun" things that will shoot lasers out.

It seemed really cool, but I was hesitant to get it. Any opinions on it?

Erik, I guess I'd worry that because there is no way of controlling where the light goes, it could blind the fish if flashed in their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom