Last bolivian ram turned brown...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debisbooked

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one bolivian ram left out of a group of six -the others lasted 3-4 years and kept their color to the end. This last one turned brown over time and has retreated behind the plants to hang out with the cories. He's been brown now for months. He doesn't act sick, just is shy and brown; he eats well. I'm assuming he won't last much longer since he and the five others were born at the same time. Is there a chance I can bring back his color though? The water params are normal and I do 50% weekly water changes (75g tank). The other fish are 8 neon tetras, 5 black skirt tetras, and four Swartz cory. I feed all the fish a mixture of New Life Spectrum community formula and Spectrum Thera A plus this fish gets sinking shrimp pellets and the occasional frozen blood worm.

I used to think he lost his color from stress because the other remaining ram (who died two days ago) was rather territorial and pushed this one around whenever they met. That fish is gone but this one may not realize it since he doesn't swim beyond the plants. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom