Last rights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mab2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning to find one of my guppies dead. I have heard that you can bury them in potted plants. I read at it is good for the plant. My only question is, will it stink up my house? I know a guppy isn't that big but my wife is already on the fence about keeping fish and all I need is something to make her change her mind.

Mab2000 said:
I woke up this morning to find one of my guppies dead. I have heard that you can bury them in potted plants. I read at it is good for the plant. My only question is, will it stink up my house? I know a guppy isn't that big but my wife is already on the fence about keeping fish and all I need is something to make her change her mind.

It's a little odd but why not, as long as you don't have cats and dogs that might dig it up I'm sure it's fine, you won't smell a dead guppy ha

The only reason I even thought of it is because my wife just got the plants last night. I just figured this would be a way to help the plant along. I don't think I will tell her that I buried a dead fish in her new plant lol.

Mab2000 said:
The only reason I even thought of it is because my wife just got the plants last night. I just figured this would be a way to help the plant along. I don't think I will tell her that I buried a dead fish in her new plant lol.

Yea probably best you don't tell, why not, more Eco friendly than putting it in the toilet or trash.

When your wife decides she wants to repot her new plants into something prettier, she's going to have a heart attack. Do not do that without asking her. That's just mean.

You wouldn't last 24 hours in my house. You're not husband material. :lol:

When your wife decides she wants to repot her new plants into something prettier, she's going to have a heart attack. Do not do that without asking her. That's just mean.

Ouch, that hurts, lol. She got some pretty big pots for the plants and I don't think she will be transferring them anytime soon. As far as not lasting 24 hours in your house, I am not a big fan of the east coast anyway, so no skin of my back. :cool:

LyndaB said:

Ahhh but I'm sure it will decay to nothing in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom