Layer of Bubbles....?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nol Starks

Aquarium Advice Regular
At the top left side of my tank I have a layer of bubbles, they seam to be coming from my power heads. My HOB filter is on the right along with a power head pointing straight out to the left. On the left side the power head is al the way down so there is no current. The right side has no bubbles because the HOB. Is this a bad thing?? It seams to make my water stink a little more...:( any way to fix this?

How long do they stay before they pop? I've heard that if your bubbles last longer than a few seconds you've got a water quality issue. What's the readings of your water?

I test every 5 days. Everything is good. I'll do another test today. I shut the air off to one of my power heads...hope it helps. The bubbles are really white and foamy?

Sounds like something got in it! When have you done a wc? Does it stay this way all the time?

Not at all. The clown loaches were still going crazy like normal, dojos too. I did a 50% water change and the bubbles are gone for the moment. But the water is cloudy, I hope it all clears up... thanks for your help Sir, its much appreciated.

I bought 4 and now they are gone. I saw 1 yesterday morning before that only once before...I didn't even see 1 during the water change...they sy gouramis will eat them but they looked a little too big for that and that's why I got 4 any way...bigger group

I found 2. I'm sure the rest are fine. Thanks again. I'm sure our paths will cross again around here

Back
Top Bottom