Lazy loach problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got this one loach yesterday so I could add to my existing loan group. One thing that I notice though is that he seems to be lazier than the others. Whenever I put my hand on the glass, all the loaches swim away except for the new one. (I can tell it's the same loach because his scales are the lightest in the group.) he seems to be only active in the morning and day when the loach group goes out scavenging for food. any ideas on if this is something I should be worried about? P. S I got the fish from petsmart.

It might take a week or two for your new loach to settle in. As long as he continues to eat and swim normally, wouldn't worry too much. What variety of loach?

It's a clown loach. I it eats fine but seems to rest a lot compared to the other loaches.

What type are the other loaches and how many are there? What is the size of the tank?
I’ve steered away from clown loaches because of their tank requirements, number requirements, adults size, and lifespan.

There are 5 clown loaches. All the other are clowns as well and all juveniles. The tank is a 50g

As noted, as long as the Clown Loach is eating, things will likely be okay. You probably already know that eventually Clown Loaches grow fairly large. Fortunately they don't grow very fast and you will have plenty of time to adjust to the situation. I have no personal experience with Clown Loaches, but keep Tiger Loaches. From what I've read, newly introduced Clown Loaches are some what prone to Ick. Something to keep a watch for.

when we got our first loach 'he' was the same barely came out only for food etc but now he is out most of the day and we got another 3 more recently who are out all the time also

Back
Top Bottom