leave my carbon ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear ya...

But with goldfish, as I keep, it tends to be better to get out at least half their water at a time because of their bioloads -- still, in addition to the weekly 50%, I normally also do a mid-week 15-gallon exchange just to be sure the water is really getting flushed; I figure half of the 50% change for the mid-week exchange, so half of 30 gallons is 15 gallons...:blink::blink::blink:

Ooooohhhhh u have goldfish. Yeah they require more frequent water changes due to the amount of waste they produce.

Ooooohhhhh u have goldfish. Yeah they require more frequent water changes due to the amount of waste they produce.

Indeed; the 50% weekly is the MINIMUM when you're lightly stocked like I am (four fancies in a 60 gallon ;)), but like I said, I do the mid-week 15-gallon change too...

Ok, so I'll just replace the carbon with water polisher pad and go that route for now.

And as per the screw that's holding the wood on the ceramic looking plate, if I unscrew it the wood tends to float. You see I got it from the pet store and the wood developed already for almost 2 years in the tank with BB. I picked up the wood to see any rust, I don't see any, maybe I'll pick up a stainless screw and replace it or something.

Thanks people!

Ok, so I'll just replace the carbon with water polisher pad and go that route for now.

And as per the screw that's holding the wood on the ceramic looking plate, if I unscrew it the wood tends to float. You see I got it from the pet store and the wood developed already for almost 2 years in the tank with BB. I picked up the wood to see any rust, I don't see any, maybe I'll pick up a stainless screw and replace it or something.

Thanks people!

Just get a stainless screw. I have four pieces of driftwood in my tank all secured to a piece of slate via stainless steel screws and no problems whatsoever.

Just get a stainless screw. I have four pieces of driftwood in my tank all secured to a piece of slate via stainless steel screws and no problems whatsoever.

Ya I'll visit the hardware store today and replace it just to be safe, I have my Betta fish digging threw the sand and making it a hole and lives to be in that area

Ya I'll visit the hardware store today and replace it just to be safe, I have my Betta fish digging threw the sand and making it a hole and lives to be in that area

Yeah that will be fine no worries. Depending on how long the wood has been in there it may be saturated enough to sink but depends on the wood. Could take YEARS for that lol

Back
Top Bottom