leave old filter in tank while new gets BB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10g tank with a Penguine 100 Bio Wheel filter and I will needing to replace it before too long the problem is there is not enough room to put another filter in while it accumlates BB.

My question is could I put the new filter in place then leave the old filter in the tank, or vise versa leave old filter in place and set new in the tank?

bobc4d said:
I have a 10g tank with a Penguine 100 Bio Wheel filter and I will needing to replace it before too long the problem is there is not enough room to put another filter in while it accumlates BB.

My question is could I put the new filter in place then leave the old filter in the tank, or vise versa leave old filter in place and set new in the tank?

If its the same filter. Put the new filter on the tank and use the old media and put that in the new filter. Keep the new media for future use :)

I don't quiet follow, the filter has integrated media and the frame is plastic. There might be room for me to pull the old media out of the filter and place it next to the new one but it will be a tight fit and might cause the water to come out of the body.

bobc4d said:
I don't quiet follow, the filter has integrated media and the frame is plastic. There might be room for me to pull the old media out of the filter and place it next to the new one but it will be a tight fit and might cause the water to come out of the body.

You bought a new filter right? Meaning a whole new system right? That's what I thought you meant like a new marineland penguin and you wanna use it. When I say filter I mean the WHOLE set up. When I say media I mean anything that goes inside the filter.

Like filter

image-1760920038.jpg

Media

image-977519730.jpg

So... I was saying take the old "media" and stick it in the new "filter" and just run your new "filter" since you don't have room for the 2 "filters"

I hope this clears things up a bit :)

If not lemme know.

Back
Top Bottom