LED fixture for 5.5g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJ_117

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anybody have a good LED fixture in mind for a 5.5 gallon planted aquarium, preferably $40 and under? Its going to be a shrimp tank also (no co2).

Does anybody have a good LED fixture in mind for a 5.5 gallon planted aquarium, preferably $40 and under? Its going to be a shrimp tank also (no co2).

Finnex clip on. See if you can find one used. Amazon sells new ones for $46 I think it was. Great little lights. This is mine on a 2.5g

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432051960.818453.jpg

Caleb

Is that like a miniature fugeray, or a separate model? I too have a Finnex fixture on one of my tanks and I love it

For.low tech consider a clip on or 16 " stingray. For high tech same in planted plus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 million to the Finnex planted+ clip on. I use that exact light on my 5.5 and it is perfect.

I'm also looking to upgrade the light on my 5g planted tank.

Would a light like this be okay if I don't want to add co2 or ferts, etc?

If you are going to use the same one as mentioned above, you should not need them. I have a Fugeray on my 29g, and I do not dose co2 (though I am going to start doing ferts) and have no problems with algae or anything, in fact my plants and growing quite well.

If you are going to use the same one as mentioned above, you should not need them. I have a Fugeray on my 29g, and I do not dose co2 (though I am going to start doing ferts) and have no problems with algae or anything, in fact my plants and growing quite well.

I listed 2 leds, one will be just fine on a 5.5 with low light plants and minimal ferts/no co2, the other will result in algae and an overall poor appearance. All plants require some form of nutrients via ferts and/or root tabs. Most will benefit from a carbon source such as glutraladhyde or co2. Stingray for lowtech, planted plus for med/high tech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom