LED lighting for freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rasbora

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am considering to buy a 50 watt LED lighting for my 75 gallon planted fw tank.
Anybody use LED for fw tank ?
How is it compared to MH in term of brightness, light penetration and color temp ?
One 50 watt LED enough for my 75 tank ?

I am considering to buy a 50 watt LED lighting for my 75 gallon planted fw tank.
Anybody use LED for fw tank ?
How is it compared to MH in term of brightness, light penetration and color temp ?
One 50 watt LED enough for my 75 tank ?

Depends on what kind of LEDs they are. There is a huge range in color temperatures and light output.

Are you sure that's LED in the video? I don't think LED can change color. Unless it's a lamp with a few sets of different colored LED programmed to work like an RGB projector.

Are you sure that's LED in the video? I don't think LED can change color. Unless it's a lamp with a few sets of different colored LED programmed to work like an RGB projector.

There are LEDs called RGB LEDs that have several elements in them so you can change colors like that

Ah, so it works in the same way as I mentioned above. If you buy one of these you'll need to take the quoted wattage into consideration, because it won't be running on 100%, it depends on the color.

Back
Top Bottom