leech or worm thing in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you caught one to see exactly what it looks like? Do they undulate like snakes when they swim? Leeches have distinct sucker ends that will attach to almost any surface.

unwelcomed worm thingy

havnt seen it again to see exactly. ill try and catch it or hoover it out of there, hope theres no more, havnt a clue how it got there in the first place. thanks for the feedback.....more to follow..:thanks:

i found one in my gravel when i was taking everything out from my fish tank. i do feed my fish worm's once a week so i thought it was one, then i just gave it to my angelfish he was fine.

Do you have live plants? Eggs to a variety vile worm species are typically come from plants though they can also come from snails. I have dealt with leeches and they are not any fun...

worm thingy

yes i have live plants and yes i have lots of snails be it small ones so bought a snail that eats snails and its doin the business also a male silver molly the next day i encountered this worm thing so dont think its anything to do with the new additions im going cath it and film its movements let you all see it in action. if i see it again that is. :)

Havent seen those in awhile. it might be a parasite ive encountered before. frequently carried by livebearers, especially swordtails and mollies. Is that the only one, or is there a couple others?

Probably planaria, they are cause by over feeding.
Do a big PWC then start to feed less, if that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom