Leeches in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arran walker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just been cleaning out water in the tank and after emptying old water into the bath i found what looks like a leech :/ anyone know what it is and had them before? Cheers :)

Attachments

• image-1060367602.jpg
    image-1060367602.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2962138389.jpg
    image-2962138389.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 104
Ive only just found one tonight and iv not seen any more in there or seen them in there before, should i just keep a look out for them?

If you found two there's probably a lot more. I have one of my tanks infested with them however, luckily the ones I have don't bother my fish or shrimp, they are generally OK with eating plant matter n food debris.

If there's a single leech, there's definitely more! Leeches are true hermaphrodites and a single leech can produce a slew of fertile eggs. I suggest closely inspecting your filter media and housing, any plants and rocks/decor. The eggs look like little football shaped sacs that will be firmly attached to whatever surface you find them on.

I would stop dumping water from that tank into the bath don't want one swimming up your ..... LOL :)

Haha i thought the same thing :) my blood pressure has dropped so i hope thats not happend lol

Back
Top Bottom