Length of Bacteria Bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, I (think) I'm experiencing a bacteria bloom in my cycling 30 gallon tank. It has a whitish cloudiness. I'm wondering how long this lasts. Will a pwc clear it up? In my 5 gallon the bacteria bloom cleared up after a day. But everything seems to go faster in my 5 gallon.....Any advice?

I believe u shood cover it and leeve the lights off. It mite be an algae bloom. Algaefix will work

bud29 said:
Hi all, I (think) I'm experiencing a bacteria bloom in my cycling 30 gallon tank. It has a whitish cloudiness. I'm wondering how long this lasts. Will a pwc clear it up? In my 5 gallon the bacteria bloom cleared up after a day. But everything seems to go faster in my 5 gallon.....Any advice?

Bacteria blooms are normal in a new tank and they will go away. Water changes will probably not clear the cloudiness as when you remove the free-floating heterotrophic bacteria, the others will reproduce more to compensate.
Just give it time and keep an eye on your levels just to make sure. They can take anywhere from a few days to a week to clear up.

Bacteria blooms are normal in a new tank and they will go away. Water changes will probably not clear the cloudiness as when you remove the free-floating heterotrophic bacteria, the others will reproduce more to compensate.
Just give it time and keep an eye on your levels just to make sure. They can take anywhere from a few days to a week to clear up.

This is good advice. Infusoria will eventually clear up the bacteria bloom, just wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom