Let's take a poll: How many members here eat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well. I was vegetarian since '06. But I've been in such poor health I decided maybe I should try eating some fish/seafood. So I've been in between vegetarian and pescetarian for a couple of months now. It hasn't helped (it's actually made things a little worse! hah, the irony!) so I'm probably going back. It was a last resort and I don't like it. So put me on the no fish side.

Love it. Even the goldfish crackers. They're the snack that smiles back.

They're not fish, bit sometime I do feel a little guilty eating blue crabs. I'm in VA and we do blue crabs here in the summer like nobody's business. Sometime I do take a step back when we walk into a crab house and there's literally thousands of blue crabs layed out across the tables. Can't help eating them though...they're just so darn good.

I like fish, but I don't like buying and boiling live seafood. Only because my dad once bought a bunch of live lobsters when I was seven, and my dad named them, allowed me to play with and become attached to them, only to tell me that I couldn't keep them and promptly snatched them away and dropped them in boiling water. I cried. I'm fine with crabs though. That was because one pinched me last summer at the beach... I started bleeding. Now I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!! (my dad wasn't a bad parent... Just had a bit of a stupid moment.)

<--- full fledged, card carrying carnivore.

We have fish once a week. When I come home from work I always ask the hubby "what's for dinner", when he says fish, I tell him "Shhhh don't let THEM hear that".

Dogs not bad, and cat actually tastes pretty good. What can I say I"m an omnivore. I spend a lot of time on my plants as well. I grow watercress in a 30 gallon with guppies.

I don't 100% avoid it but very little...the mercury levels concern me. I have a child with autism and it's not really known for sure what role mercury might play in autism so I think it's best to avoid..I definitely do not eat it when pregnant/nursing and I don't want to feed it to my kids. I do eat trout we catch from local safe sources. I also have ethical issues with some of the commercial fishing practices.

Not only do I eat it, I like to go catch a nice rainbow/lake trout and bring them home or on a camp out for dinner.

+1 for beef & chicken too :D.

We have fish (of course :p), a dog, a horse and if my daughter had her way a snake too.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

My girl wants a snake too. God help me.

Love fish, Love to stare a them in the tank, love to catch them in the lake, river and ocean, no problems cleaning them, and Havent met one I dont like to eat as long as its cooked :) trout, salmon, halibut, octapus, shrimp, prawn, oysters, crab, mmmmm now im hungry :)

as for pets, we've had a snake, found it in the yard, 1 daughter wanted to keep it, snake escaped, even with a lid?! found it 3 hrs later, phew..... finally convinced daughter to let it go back outside 2 wks later. We have dogs and cats and fish obviously... we had rats, hamsters, hedgehogs, chinchillas, snakes, frogs, ...... I feel like a pet store, LOL!

So we're at 26 For, 4 Against. Still nobody that doesn't eat it based on the fact that they have an aquarium. I'm actually shocked. For some reason I thought it was going to be like asking a PETA forum if they eat meat :)

I think its interesting too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

So we're at 26 For, 4 Against. Still nobody that doesn't eat it based on the fact that they have an aquarium. I'm actually shocked. For some reason I thought it was going to be like asking a PETA forum if they eat meat :)

PETA believes aquariums are cruel torture ;) Off topic I know but I saw PETA and it came to mind.

Tasha said:
What is PETA?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. I overall agree with a lot of the stuff they believe in, but they take it way too much to the extreme.

People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals. It is an organization that believes people are too cruel to animals. At least that is how I see it in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom