lfs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely, that's what Jen is planning on doing for her tank. 100% base rock and pure ammonia dosing.

Just be sure to get pure ammonia with no fragrances, soaps, or anything. We went to about 7-8 different stores looking for it, and only found it at Ace Hardware store, it's clear and labeled as janitorial strength I believe

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Would what work? Using mostly dry rock and a little live or the dead shrimp? Because the answer to both is yes lol

I meant the dry rock but thanks to both lol

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Definitely, that's what Jen is planning on doing for her tank. 100% base rock and pure ammonia dosing.

Just be sure to get pure ammonia with no fragrances, soaps, or anything. We went to about 7-8 different stores looking for it, and only found it at Ace Hardware store, it's clear and labeled as janitorial strength I believe

my grandmother cleans with pure ammo so il ask her where to go lol

Most cleaning ammonia contains perfume or surfactants. There are very few places that sell it, so be sure it's just ammonia.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
Most cleaning ammonia contains perfume or surfactants. There are very few places that sell it, so be sure it's just ammonia.

really?? it reaks of ammo il check im 99% sure its pure ammo

iDreamInSaltwater said:
It's just stuff added that you don't want in your tank. Soaps, fragrances, coloring, etc.

aw man il ask around for pure ammo home depot probably has it( with my luck they wont) i really hope the shrimp method dont stink is there anyone here whos used the shrimp?

I checked Home Depot and Lowes and Walmart and had no luck. You have no Ace around you? :/

I've also heard some pharmacies like Walgreens have it, I haven't looked into it myself. I got mine from a True Value Hardware store.

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Plenty of people here on AA have used it, just search 'frozen/dead shrimp' and 'cycle'

im afraid itl reak so bad because this tankk is in my room less than a ft away from my bed plus my mom will kill me and shut this down so fast

Back
Top Bottom