lfs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok sunday ibhad an issue with new fish im going back today and was wondering instead of walkkiin out with more fish should i insted only get 2-3 and get a 10g im savin for a 10g reef and want to start ASAP if ibsee my empty tank il be motivated to workk twords finishin it you know what i mmean?

Sounds smart to me, adding less fish = less stress on bioload, unless we're talking schooling fish then not so good of an idea

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Sounds smart to me, adding less fish = less stress on bioload, unless we're talking schooling fish then not so good of an idea

just a guppy or two n a molly should i buy the tank now to to give me motivation to save up

Once you have the reef it'll really get you, you'll find once you stock the 10G (which'll be very fast) you'll want another tank, then you'll run out of room for coral and end up with a 180G :ROFLMAO:

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Once you have the reef it'll really get you, you'll find once you stock the 10G (which'll be very fast) you'll want another tank, then you'll run out of room for coral and end up with a 180G :ROFLMAO:

lol my first venture into sw i wana keep it small and simple corals and inverts only

Well simple and small will all you'll be able to have whether you like it or not.

We're talking like 1 fish and 1 invert + CUC

Or 2 fish depending on the species

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Well simple and small will all you'll be able to have whether you like it or not.

We're talking like 1 fish and 1 invert + CUC

Or 2 fish depending on the species

tbh im not sure if i 100% want a fish yet mabye a clown but that's it that and a star and a cuc obv. im thinkin about buyn 95% dry and only a little live because its so costly

Good job on going mostly dry, it'll definitely save you.

Unfortunately most stars couldn't be kept in small tanks

And once he's cycled he'll be fine on the biological filtration

needmorecowbell said:
A lot of people do that but then your bio filter is gone for a while

i dont plan do start for awhile well i mean add anything when its fuly up could i seed it with fw gravel or no?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Good job on going mostly dry, it'll definitely save you.

Unfortunately most stars couldn't be kept in small tanks

marcos rocks 2.95/lb plus free shipping i only plan on gettin 15-20lbs so i think its a great deal imo

Seed the SW tank with FW bacteria? I'd be surprised if that worked.

A dead shrimp from the grocery store will work good, then you could have shrimp that night for dinner along with it!

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Seed the SW tank with FW bacteria? I'd be surprised if that worked.

A dead shrimp from the grocery store will work good, then you could have shrimp that night for dinner along with it!

lol just wondering never hurts to ask right? dosnt the shrimp method stink to the high hevans? my mom would kill me and its in my room close to bed wich means i gta smell it

I've heard it doesn't really smell until you take out the remains, then it does stink to the high heavens :ROFLMAO:

Would what work? Using mostly dry rock and a little live or the dead shrimp? Because the answer to both is yes lol

Back
Top Bottom