LFS !! Selling fish, fair price ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went to my lfs today and they said that they would take my platy fry for .50 cents a piece once they get a little bigger ! I'm so excited but is that a fair price ? I don't want to be ripped off to badly.

Platy are readily available and are cheap fish. I'd be happy with 50 cants but Mabye see if they'll do .75 or a dozen for 10

I sold my newborns for 15 cents a price when I was breeding I would imagine you COULd get more but that seems like a fair price

So I went to my lfs today and they said that they would take my platy fry for .50 cents a piece once they get a little bigger ! I'm so excited but is that a fair price ? I don't want to be ripped off to badly.

You should jump on this offer. It is way more than anyone should expect for home raised livebearer fry.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely take my fry in within the next week or two once they grow some more. He said they needed to be alittle bigger than what they are now.

CharlieKlein said:
Platy are readily available and are cheap fish. I'd be happy with 50 cants but Mabye see if they'll do .75 or a dozen for 10

50 cents is a great deal considering they are very easy to breed and tend to drop many at a time

To be perfectly honest when it comes to community livebearers then your lucky to even have an offer. Yes, you can sell them over sites like this or CL to make a little money back but most lfs won't except then since they are a dime a dozen. I would jump all over that $.50 a piece whether its credit or not and just use it on fish food or dechlorinator.

To be perfectly honest when it comes to community livebearers then your lucky to even have an offer. Yes, you can sell them over sites like this or CL to make a little money back but most lfs won't except then since they are a dime a dozen. I would jump all over that $.50 a piece whether its credit or not and just use it on fish food or dechlorinator.

Yeah that's what I think I'll do. It's a family owned pet store so I think that's why they gave me such a good deal. It's not a Petco or petsmart.

I get a dollar a guppy at one inch but I'm really lucky so go for it! Trust me you a quite lucky to get that.

Back
Top Bottom