LFS Suggests...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
When I called about tank prices I explained I was thinking about getting a Eheim can filter. He agreed they were probally the best can filters around, but suggested going with 2 Emperor 400's. He continued to tell me that they are easier to maintain and would probally move more water. Another thing he said was he has had some in his store for 5 plus years and has never had a problem. Not to mention this option is cheaper. What ya'll think?

go with the canister if you have the money. not to mention your tank is not built for hob filters.

Yeah, they're quite easy to take care of, and oversizing them is not too expensive either. The initial jump to a canister is what costs the most. Each step up to a larger volume one is less. I went with an XP3 instead of an XP2 on my tank, because it was a $20 price difference.

I don't know anything about your tank, but I'd go with a canister instead of a hob any day on larger tanks. HOBs are easy to maintain because they do not need to be disconnected and opened the same way that canisters do. But I find it easy to maintain my canisters and they require it less often. Plus, I prefer the silence and hidden aspect of canisters.

Back
Top Bottom