LFS told me not to feed my new stock for 4 dayy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went to my LFS today to get some stock, and when paying I was told to not feed the fish for about 4 days, this sounds strange to me, and wasn't to sure why, I agreed and left the store with my stock, so I was wondering do I feed them or do I wait 4 days? They do look hungry and they are still babies! Oh and it's Guppies, Rummynose Tetras and Platies
Thanks!

Bad advice feed them daily. You can skip a day or two but small fish like that probably wont survive 4 days.

Bad advice feed them daily. You can skip a day or two but small fish like that probably wont survive 4 days.

That's exactly what I was thinking, don't know why he'd give advice like that. I gave them a small feeding today, and will do a proper feeding tomorrow.

That's exactly what I was thinking, don't know why he'd give advice like that. I gave them a small feeding today, and will do a proper feeding tomorrow.

Either they aren't knowledgeable on fish at all. or they want you to keep coming back to replace dead fish. Either way they shouldn't be working at a fish shop.

Either they aren't knowledgeable on fish at all. or they want you to keep coming back to replace dead fish. Either way they shouldn't be working at a fish shop.

I agree,thanks for your help!

Fish won't die if they're not fed for four days.

That said I don't understand what not feeding them would achieve...

Fish won't die if they're not fed for four days.

That said I don't understand what not feeding them would achieve...

Even if they're small fish? Young tetra? Neither do I, I was puzzled!

Back
Top Bottom