Light deals from this website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
T5-HO Light

so the site is doing a promo of 50% of some items. i'm thinking of getting the T5-HO light from them for my 65gal tank with a depth of 24inch and length of 36inches. Has anyone dealt with these people before and how do the light fixtures perform for a planted tank? I notice that they don't have 6700k bulbs, only 10000k or 14000k. are they OK for plants? i am aware of they're outside of the normal spectrum.

T5-HO Light

so the site is doing a promo of 50% of some items. i'm thinking of getting the T5-HO light from them for my 65gal tank with a depth of 24inch and length of 36inches. Has anyone dealt with these people before and how do the light fixtures perform for a planted tank? I notice that they don't have 6700k bulbs, only 10000k or 14000k. are they OK for plants? i am aware of they're outside of the normal spectrum.

They have some decent fixtures for the price and I know many members have bought from them. Their prices are good anyway, but 50% off is fantastic!!! I wouldn't miss out on this!

I wouldn't do a 14000k for plants, but a 10k will work fine. I would buy the fixture with 2 10k bulbs and replace one of them with a 6700k. A 6700k and 10k pair did wonders for my plants :)

what about this listing on eBay? anyone tried the non-name brand ones on ebay?

T5 Quad 36" 6500K Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant Tropical Fish LED 156W | eBay
T5Quad_2010_400x700_V2.jpg

i might be thinking of getting a quad light so that i can achieve high light level to sustain some of my plants without CO2.

what about this listing on eBay? anyone tried the non-name brand ones on ebay?

T5 Quad 36" 6500K Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant Tropical Fish LED 156W | eBay

i might be thinking of getting a quad light so that i can achieve high light level to sustain some of my plants without CO2.

Those are odyssea fixtures, which are the ones on aquatraders.com and they don't get very good reviews. But they are okay for the money and will work for your needs.

I'd say the first one is better quality than the eBay one

I ordered an odyssea fixture and didn't have good luck with it. It stopped working within the first month, and the company would not do anything to help me. I tbink they are going out of business? I've heard bad things about aquatraders lately.

I think that is made by odyssea too(aqua traders). I mean, they're not horrible, but the reflectors aren't that good and many people say their LEDS burn out in a week.

I think that is made by odyssea too(aqua traders). I mean, they're not horrible, but the reflectors aren't that good and many people say their LEDS burn out in a week.

darn it. i didn't see the labeling of "odyssea" on the fixture, othewise i wouldn't have posted it

Back
Top Bottom