LIGHT for PLANTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

safwan95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Helo! I hope you all have a good day. I have a 400L planted aquarium. 1st, is the volume calculated according to the dimensions(height length width) because if yes, then shouldnt it be inaccurate because actually water is not super full and we have to calculate glass width, and volume of the substrate that takes from the aquarium total volume right? so in my case that would be around 365 Liters. Agree? so when i talk about lighting? should i compare to 365Liters or 400Liters?

2nd, "my main problem", my tank is 2 meters long and 50 cm high. It has 4xT5 lights (total of 156WATTS) distributed on the back equally. Then i have 2xT8 total of 72WATTS on the front part of the aquarium. So that makes a total of 228WATTS which is 0.57W/Liter if we suppose the 400L volume in contrary to 0.62W/Liter if we suppose the 365Liters volume. EITHERWAYS, along with proper CO2 diffusion and optimum amount with optimum duration, my plants are turning yellow and dying. ex. Parvula mini and Riccia and cryptocoryn. It is said these plants need medium light.

Do you have any idea what can i do?? will adding 2xT5 more (total of 78WATTS) will solve my problem? THANK YOU ALOT
HAVE A GOOD DAY

IMO 4xT5 should be plenty of light in itself.

Planted tanks go more by PAR rating now rather than wattage.

Caleb

You mention CO2 but what about ferts? What is your dosing schedule for those?

Back
Top Bottom