Light reading for the Nerd in all of us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have questions about ammonia toxicity level, the nitrogen cycle and a few other lovely bits, this explains it quite well without being over the top scientific. It was my light reading while I took a break from studying for a microbiology exam! :popcorn: (y):cool::fish1:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa031

Last edited:
There's some interesting stuff in there. The 96 hour LC50 of nitrite for largemouth bass is 140 ppm!

Yeah the adding of calcium sulfate decreasing nitrite toxicity with the salmon was interesting. There's so much beyond basic knowledge in this

aqua_chem said:

Yours will be my break today in a little while. I should be studying while the hubby and son are out.

Yes my arrival was simple minded, most likely just a project from a student, but I thought it would reach a larger part of the population on AA. Some of us just love to keep fish and are not into any kind of college level science, or even some high school level science for that matter. There were other articles I read but felt this one was more appropriate for a larger portion of the people on this site. You know, we the simple minded.

And by the way Aqua, how is your chemistry experiment coming along?

Back
Top Bottom