Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lighting I have now t-8 2x32 watt 6500k per and a t-5 1x28 watt 10000k will I benefit going to a t-8 4x32 watt 6500k per only or should I stay with what I have

Sry I was trying to write and drive wasn't working well lol my plants are
Ambulia
Asst.apono.
purple cabomba
Wisteria
Java moss
Java fern
Crypto. Spiralia
Riccia(floating at top)

For a couple of those plants, more light would be appropriate, but along with that is going to come the need to dose CO2 and a myriad of fertilizers. The cabomba in particular would benefit from even a 4XT5HO setup, rather than the 4XT8 setup, which would only get you to a little over 2WPG.

Personally, if I was trying to achieve medium or high light over a 55, I would not go with T8. The PAR gains from a T5HO are just too well documented.

I think everything you have should do fine with your current lighting with Ambulia and cabomba being the exceptions. And as far as I know, both of those would do better in more light than even the 4x32 fixture would provide. What's your water movement like? According to Plantgeek, the Ambulia prefers moderate to high water movement.

My water movement is pretty good and I'm also using a liquid fert

So up date on plants I separated my wisteria alittle bit more hope it helps took out my ambulia I think it was dieing my cabomba seems to be doing great its grown like an inch and my riccia is doing good but the bottom seems to be browning hope that its just going through a thing lol

Back
Top Bottom