Lighting advice-75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lexinicole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I recently acquired a beautiful used 75 gallon tank. It's in great condition except the light fixture doesn't work. I need some advice on a replacement fixture and bulbs. It's actually not part of the hood. I'm planning on a tropical community with some lower maintenance live plants so I need a light that'll support this. Any suggestions on brand, type of light, where to buy, etc. is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you are staying lo tech it's hard to go wrong with finnex

Hello lex...

If your plan is to keep a low tech tank, then lighting from the local hardware store is efficient and won't break the bank. I keep larger tanks and use 48 inch, four bulb fixtures. Four 32 watt, T8 bulbs and the fixture is likely $50.00 and will provide enough light for low to medium light aquarium plants. The bulbs last well over a year before you need to replace them. I just hang the fixture from the ceiling just above the tank, so it's always out the way when I do any tank maintenance.

B

+1 on a Finnex LED fixture. Super bright, LEDs last for years, low profile, low heat, low energy. I grow different varieties of anubias, crypts, and Java fern. Some of the anubias grew so large that they are practically growing out of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom