Lighting for 10G...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know of a site where you can get florescent fixtures that will fit in a 10G hood? Just a single bulb would be fine.

just a question, why not make one? you should be able to find sufficient materials at your local lowes or HD

I'm not a DIY guy, lol. Plus, it's over an hour walk to Lowes and farther to Home Depot, lol. I had sold my car to buy my house, now I'm on foot. At least work is only an 8 minute walk away, lol.

You should be able to find them on Dr Foster & Smith, Big Als, Petco or just try a search for "fluorescent strip light". I think you are looking for a 20"?

Is your current hood set up for 2 incandescent bulbs? If so you can get screw in CF bulbs from any big box store in wattages from 5w to 13w. I run 2 13w in the hood of my 10 and plants are going crazy in there.

AH Supply has retrofit kits for a 10g hood. But I think they hold 2 CF bulbs.

I don't know of anything else that will fit in the hood. There are alot of light options for a 10g, but you'd need to get a glass top instead of the hood.

Walmart has screw in CF bulbs....just get the Sunlight kind. I just got 2 20w bulbs for my 10g. You have a Walmart near by?

Back
Top Bottom