Lighting Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 44 gallon pentagon, with the back sides being 22 inches long and the three front panes being 13 inches long and 25 inches deep. Currently I'm using the black plastic hood and the light that came with it. Which is an 18 inch fixture with a colormax bulb and a 20inch fixture behind it with a full spectrum daylight bulb.

I'm having issues growing plants (even floating plants like wisteria) so I'm looking for more light and I'm leaning toward a LED fixture. Would it be best for me to order a glass canopy and lay an LED fixture on it? Since the sides are weird angles I'm not sure how to go about mounting a light or multiple lights so the tank gets sufficient light. DIY fixtures are pretty much out of the question, I'm a full time college senior working on my capstone course to graduate, and working on the tank as my hobby. Any recommendations on fixtures, placement , and size would greatly help. I have no problem ordering online, but I can't easily test it and ship it back if it doesn't work. I have been looking a possible the marineland double bright fixture or one the the Finnex fixtures such as the Ray 2.

I know the aquarium is an odd size and I'm not trying to overdue it on the lighting, but I would like to grow some medium light plants, weather they be floating or start to replace the fake ones....

Any help is welcome, and Yes I have searched the forum along with google for other suggestions, and I haven't found much.

Back
Top Bottom