Lighting over a 33 gallon long.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm currently using a finnex stingray over it 8 hours a day and dosing flourish twice a week, but I'm getting some hair/brush algae on my plants. Plants in the tank are crypt spiralis, corkscrew Val, anubias and an Amazon sword. I was thinking this may be too much light over this shallow of a tank. Should I go to a single bulb t8 that I have in storage.

Flow? Carbon source? Flourish comprehensive? Any root tabs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Flow? Carbon source? Flourish comprehensive? Any root tabs?

No carbon source, fluval c4 filter. Yes flourish comp. Plenty of root tabs in the substate which is playsand.... I will not use flourish excel just for heads up. Every time I've used it , it has led to deaths of my cory cats. They don't deal with excel well... At least not for me

Need more flow for a 4' tank, hydor koralia 240 will help. You'll need a full line of ferts. Api leaf zone will work with comp to provide both micros and macro nutrients. L carbon is really a must. You'd need to raise the light or use co2.. as long as you dose gradually up it shouldn't bother any fish.. i dose 1ml/gal of metricide with a couple tanks and many cory cats and other sensitive fish. In the meantime you can spot treat this algae with h202

Need more flow for a 4' tank, hydor koralia 240 will help. You'll need a full line of ferts. Api leaf zone will work with comp to provide both micros and macro nutrients. L carbon is really a must. You'd need to raise the light or use co2.. as long as you dose gradually up it shouldn't bother any fish.. i dose 1ml/gal of metricide with a couple tanks and many cory cats and other sensitive fish. In the meantime you can spot treat this algae with h202

Forgot, I do have a hydor Koralia in there. I have 4 other tanks that's doing fine without carbon , so I know that's not the problem. I have a stingray over a 20 gallon long also. No algae in that one.

Back
Top Bottom