Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been trying to figure out if I should invest in a 4 bulb t5's or go with the led lighting. Seems that they are in somewhat of the same price range. I will be setting up a 75 gal. I have java fern and another plant which I do not know the name of. It's a low light plant. I will be using pool sand for the base of the tank. I will also have a canister filter by sun sun. I have a 55 gal right now that I'm going to transfer to my 75 gal. When I get my filter I will run it along with the old filters in the 55 gal for about a month to help with a new tank cycle. The 55 I have had up and running for more that 6 months. Water quality is perfect. I'm just questing the lighting upgrade. Currently I have a 2 shop t8. And I want and need more lighting for the bigger tank. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You want to go high light? Ferts and co2/glut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would like to grow some grasses and some red leaf plants. I'm thinking I might be high light

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You looking to put some work into this tank or just plug in the light and sit back and enjoy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hmmmmm.... I guess a little of both. I do know that aquascaping is like landscaping except under water. I do know that u have to Fertilizer an trim the plants. I do not have co2 maybe in the future I might want to try that. But not right this moment.

Back
Top Bottom