Lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would it be horribly stressful to turn on my tank lights in the morning before I go to work for 10-15 min, than back off until my timer turns on from 1-9? They have plenty of natural light, both tanks are planted. I just like checking in and doing a light feed before I'm out all day.

No, I do that same thing ever day. I work from 9am-9pm. My timer is set for 8pm-12am, but I turn it on every morning from 7am-8:45am while I'm getting ready for work.

Even if it's still dark out after I turn the lights back off at say.. 6:25am?

My lights are only on 4 hours a day. Helped keep the algae down when i kept them off. What is the purpose of having them on of your not enjoying the fish may i ask?

Even if it's still dark out after I turn the lights back off at say.. 6:25am?

Ya it's fine. It might look stressful to them because they might hide for a second of change color but they are fine. It isn't doing any damage to them long term.

I do it, as well. Like to check the tank and make sure everything looks OK. Perhaps if you had delicate fishes it might be an issue.

I do it, as well. Like to check the tank and make sure everything looks OK. Perhaps if you had delicate fishes it might be an issue.
Not really, they're all pretty hardy, tried it for the first time today so we'll see how they're doing when I get home..

Tank Lighting

Would it be horribly stressful to turn on my tank lights in the morning before I go to work for 10-15 min, than back off until my timer turns on from 1-9? They have plenty of natural light, both tanks are planted. I just like checking in and doing a light feed before I'm out all day.

Hello Brook...

I'd say put the lights on a timer and program it to include that short time before you go to work. The fish and plants, if any, will believe the sun just went behind a cloud. It won't make a bit of difference.

B

Hello Brook... I'd say put the lights on a timer and program it to include that short time before you go to work. The fish and plants, if any, will believe the sun just went behind a cloud. It won't make a bit of difference. B
I like it! Thanks B

Back
Top Bottom