Lighting upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'd like to upgrade the lighting on my 72 bow so that my plants will grow better. Right now I have the standard 40 watt I believe with the "special" plant and aquarium bulb from Home Depot.
Can anyone help because I don't even know what I'm looking for only that I want to upgrade my lights. PS no co2

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am running the same set up. Plant aquarium bulbs, and daylight bulbs. Mine work great for my 60 gal. I know that co2 will make a world of a difference for you as well. But if you have this lighting and your tank is no more than 15" tall, you should have no issues at all if you have low to medium light plants.
Do you know what plants you are using?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412007169595.jpg
    1412007169595.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 60
More Light

I'd like to upgrade the lighting on my 72 bow so that my plants will grow better. Right now I have the standard 40 watt I believe with the "special" plant and aquarium bulb from Home Depot.
Can anyone help because I don't even know what I'm looking for only that I want to upgrade my lights. PS no co2

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello Ch...

If you want to go the inexpensive route, then a 2-bulb, 48 inch shop light might work for you. The light strip is $12.00 and a couple of bulbs are no more than $6.00. The bulbs will last well over a year and give you 80 watts of florescent light. 6500K bulbs are about right. You can hang the strip or use your imagination to set it above the tank.

No CO2 necessary, just keep to the dark green aquatic plants, they'll generally require lower light.

B

Boring..... check out the finnex line of leds on amazon, the planted plus is my fav!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Boring..... check out the finnex line of leds on amazon, the planted plus is my fav!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
:D +1 if I had the chance to go back and change the light fixture im using I would pick leds over my t5ho any day.

Back
Top Bottom