Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfishlover

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my light bulbs died today. I have the original lights that came with the tank. It's a 55 gallon tank and I think they are 24 in long. I was wondering what lightbulbs I could replace them with. I have a couple misc low light plants. I don't think I ever had enough light because they never grew fast like they should. So... Do I have to buy them from the lfs or could I get a bulb that would fit from a hardware store?

I'm sure u could find a bulb at the hardware store. They are prolly t8 bulbs. I'm sure u can find the right light spectrum bulb too.

I figured I could. I don't know much about lights. What wattage should I look for and is there anything else I should look for?

Newfishlover said:
I figured I could. I don't know much about lights. What wattage should I look for and is there anything else I should look for?

In my 20g high (which is the same length light fixture). I have a 15w 120v t8 18" 8000k full spectrum light which does great for my low light plants. They grow great. It ha a pinkish purple tint to it. U can just buy the bulb. No need for a whole be fixture. Being ur bulb to compare.

Ok. My dad got me a light today but he didn't know what kind. He got the wattage your said but the kelvins are in the 6000's is this going to work?

Back
Top Bottom