Lights on tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Temps are dropping here in FL, and I was wondering if the I could leave the only source of heat, my lights, on in all my tanks tonight.

Would it stress the fish?

I know you can leave it on 8-12 hours a day sometimes I do my fish are all still alive

I wouldn't. Fish need darkness to be able to rest/sleep correctly. You really should have a heater to avoid temperature fluctuations. If the temp changes too much it can stress them out.

I tried three all got moisture inside and one actually let bubbles into the tank.

Will it kill them? Give them disease?

It will not kill them. It can make them stressed which can allow them to get sick. I`d leave the lights on a bit longer, but still give them some dark time.

Sorry mumma is right I guess I missed informed you. I really thought I did my research !!!

Lights have been on since 9 in the morning, does leaving them on until 4:00AM sound ok!

QuietPlotter said:
I tried three all got moisture inside and one actually let bubbles into the tank.

Will it kill them? Give them disease?

It could kill them if the temperature drops suddenly (more likely in smaller tanks) but it will cause stress and stress can lead to a low immune system letting disease in.

QuietPlotter said:
Lights have been on since 9 in the morning, does leaving them on until 4:00AM sound ok!

No.. But you didn't say that! Stress fish IMO

I'm in Florida too. Lows will be in the forties next week so I suggest you get a heater. You could wrap a blanket around the tank to insulate it. If you are anywhere near the Space Coast, and can't afford a new heater, I have a small fifty watt you can have if you can come pick it up.

Is this ok?

Can they breath?

Attachments

• image-42184591.jpg
    image-42184591.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2067440765.jpg
    image-2067440765.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 54
Ok but I don't have every single inch covered some space is left in the back where the filter is covering the glass... Ok?

QuietPlotter said:
Ok but I don't have every single inch covered some space is left in the back where the filter is covering the glass... Ok?

I'm pretty sure that good and ok (right guys I'm not wrong ?)

Thanks for the help guys, I'll tell you how it does tommorow morning!

Nite!

This is an abercrombie jacket on my filtered betta tank, will it work?-

There are no gaps as far as the open filter or tank cover gaps go... Don't want his oxygen to run out...

Attachments

• image-1384866940.jpg
    image-1384866940.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom