Limited stocking options need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M_DonFran

Aquarium Advice Activist
What can I put in my 40 breeder tank that can go with an african butterfly fish and a crayfish?

Since both are aggressive (yes, the crayfish is aggressive and most will eat any fish he can get their claws on), I'd say nothing. Maybe some snails and plants, if they don't figure themselves interior decorators.

No plants! The crayfish will DESTROY them unless it is a dwarf cray (not a marbled or cloning). You could have some peaceful or semiaggressive fish that are as big as the butterfly. As long as your crayfish isnt huge.

I actually don't know what kind of crayfish it is :( the pet store I got it from didn't specify. But she is carrying eggs as of 3 days ago

I actually don't know what kind of crayfish it is :( the pet store I got it from didn't specify. But she is carrying eggs as of 3 days ago

If you could post a photo of the cray, maybe we could help with the ID. :)

here she is, couldn't get any better right now but will again later.
thanks for the help!

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Yea I cant ID it but Im pretty sure it isnt a dwarf. Definetly stick with 3 inches at least on the fish and preferably quick fish or fish that can hold their own.

Finally got another picture tell me if it helps, or tell me what i need to get a picture of to help.
Thanks!

IMG_0764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom