List of fish i'm considering for my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah they'd be ok, although I'd recommend waiting on the otos. They need very mature tanks to do well in.

2 Sparkling Gourami Week 1
2 Endler Livebearers (maybe 4 because they are half an inch smaller than sparkles) Week 2
3 Panda Corys Week 5
2 Otos Week 9 maybe 13 depending on state of cycle and maturity of water

Yeah they'd be ok, although I'd recommend waiting on the otos. They need very mature tanks to do well in. I prob wouldn't put sparkling gouramis in a bigger community tank as they are quite shy and can easily get outcompeted for food by more boisterous tankmates. A single honey gourami would work well though.

Is this ok?

Once you add the otos i personally would add a couple more i have 4 as of yet in my 55g i think im gonna up their numbers as they pair off and hang in different areas of the tank together and sometimes all in one spot.. i really like watching their behavior

P.s. Great name.. mine is spelled like that to have only seen it spelled that way two other times ;)

Once you add the otos i personally would add a couple more i have 4 as of yet in my 55g i think im gonna up their numbers as they pair off and hang in different areas of the tank together and sometimes all in one spot.. i really like watching their behavior

P.s. Great name.. mine is spelled like that to have only seen it spelled that way two other times ;)

Your called kristian to!?!?!? Awesome

Yeap my parents named me after a dang soap opera star.... Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) from Days of Our Lives :/ Nobody ever pronounces it or spells it right.. all the things with your name on it cant find mine...lol its a headache

Canadian prices

Aquariums can be pricy in Canada too, depends really. Even though I bought used, I got a 20 gallon with substrate and filter and a nice stand for $40. (that was quite cheap)

I found a great American website which ships to Canada for basically anything I could ever need.. and they have some really good deals. It's worth paying the shipping.

Well to start off with my tank is a 10 Gallon but will be upgraded to a 15 Gallon in 8 Months time the tank is cycling testing water parameters tomorrow and everyday till I get fish. All the fish listed below are supplied by my trusted aquatics centre which is great for Freshwater, Coldwater and Marine stuff but outstanding for Freshwater stuff.

Fish I'm getting:
2 Endler Livebearers (Next Week)
2 Sparkling Gourami (Next Week)
3 Panda Corys (Next Month)
2 Otos (The Month after that)

Fish that I like.I want to get some fish from this list:
Dwarf Gourami
Honey Gourami
Neon Dwarf (Praecox) Rainbowfish
Threadfin Rainbowfish
American Flagfish
Lyretail Panchanx
Two stripe Lyretail
Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid
Many Banded Shelldweller
Ram Cichlid

Well that's my list please add to it and suggest some different fish and also tell me if any of the fish on this list aren't suitable for a 15 Gallon.
Thank you for taking you time to read this :D

I really like the Lyretail Panchanx... we just call it the killifish here. They'll be in season next month or so... can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom