List of lowlight plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some crypt and some dwarf sag. In looking for something more hearty for my 29g. For the backcorner. Pics would be great! Thanks.

What type lighting and bulbs do you have? Also what type of crypts? There are many types of crypts with some growing quite tall like Crypt Balanese. You might, depending on your lighting be able to grow Water sprite, Wisteria, or Hygrophilia corymbosa.

water sprite, water wisteria, amazon swords, red melon swords, etc, java fern, java/willow/Christmas/etc moss, brazilian pennywort, ludwigia repens/etc, rotola, combomba,

Ludwigia's, Rotala's, and Cabomba's would not do well at all in a low light tank as most need at least a good medium light.

I took out my water Lilly's and added a amazon compacta. And in loving it.

Before

After

Attachments

• image-2987897882.jpg
    image-2987897882.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1921663926.jpg
    image-1921663926.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 79
yes they are low light i have them in many of my tanks low and high with no co2

There are a couple Rotala's that can handle lower light but mostly Ludwigia's, Cabomba, and most Rotala's, if they grow at all will grow tall and lanky trying to reach the light. They also will not reach their full color potential unless they are a green variety. I grow all of these plants and many different types of them in various lighted tanks and have for many years and I can say mostly with a couple exceptions do not grow well if at all in low light tanks.

Just what are you considering low light and which ones are you growing?

What is the plant in background on the right? Amazon Ozelot?

Back
Top Bottom