Little Creatures In Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewToFish1989

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got up this morning and walked past my tank that is still cycling to feed and water my veiled Chameleon and happened to just glance at front of the class of the tank and notice 3 very small creatures. At first I assumed it might have been some loose bits from my plants but noticed one had little small feelers and moving slowly, only a inch are so.

I'm guessing these are baby snails as there kinda round in shape, they are only about just a little bigger than a pin head. If so, these won't cause harm to my tank? Should I remove them or just leave them?

Got up this morning and walked past my tank that is still cycling to feed and water my veiled Chameleon and happened to just glance at front of the class of the tank and notice 3 very small creatures. At first I assumed it might have been some loose bits from my plants but noticed one had little small feelers and moving slowly, only a inch are so.

I'm guessing these are baby snails as there kinda round in shape, they are only about just a little bigger than a pin head. If so, these won't cause harm to my tank? Should I remove them or just leave them?

Sounds like either snails or possibly limpets. Are they flat? Either way wont hurt anything other than asthetics.

Give it a week and they should be big enough to identify. However, by then they will have multiplied. You can remove then into a small container of tank water and wait and see that way. Just change the water every day. I usually see if they are doing any damage and then just leave them alone. I find snails to be a nice addition to my tank. Limpets can get annoying if they over multiply but eventually their numbers drop off and get stable. Or the fish learn to eat them. LOL

Back
Top Bottom