Little help for a worried new parent.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I just recently decided to start an new tank after not having one for a while. I got a top fin 5 gallon tank it came with a built in air filter. I have a 2 part question. Last night if I found my betta kinda pressed up against the intake for the filter. I'm thinking it pulled him in and he got stuck. He seems very active the rest of the time he loves darting in and out he is eating very healthy and water is within parameters. My question is would it be better to set the filter on a timer with the light so it's only on when the light is on or just not have a filter at all. The second part is everything I read said he should be strong enough to out swim the pull and he may be sick or not strong enough. Is it possible to get him stronger or is he always gonna be like this. Thank everyone your the best.

My Betta used to use the filter intake as a rest area. He swim next to it and let it pull him in. Just lounge there for a while and then swim away. He wasn't stuck. He just liked it there.

Back
Top Bottom