little worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have little worms on the underneath of my glass hood. Should I flip out?????!!!!! I'm going to hit it with some flipping really hot water today and kill them. Are my fish in danger????

I would be worried that it is some sort of parasite. I would get that lid off and clean it with a little vinigar and rinse it really well then treat my tank. I am still very new at this and have not had this problem, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

GOOD LUCK
Tess

Do you have a photo of them at all? Have you fed any live worm food (tubifex etc) to your fish before?
These may sound like dumb questions, but I'm going on limited info :) I hope you can sort it out and that it's not anything bad!

they are very small and white and appear to be swimming in the moisture. Yikes, they're on the side of the glass too above the water line.

I did about a 40% water change (like I do every week) and added the max dose of aquarium salt according to my box.

Worms don't like salt, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thoughts? TIA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom